Extreme DUI Penalties And Fines
Getting caught in a Driving under the Influence (DUI) charge is a serious offence in most of the US cities like Tucson and Oro Valley. However, in Arizona there are specific penalties and laws especially for those who fall under the category of “Extreme DUI”. When a person is caught within two hours of being in control of a means with a blood alcohol concentration level of 0.15 or higher, he is charged with Extreme DUI. Such people are convicted of a criminal misdemeanor.
The laws for such culprits are harsh in character as compared to a simple case of DUI in any Arizona city like Nogales or Tucson. The penalties can be mainly classified in two categories:
- First Extreme DUI Charge: The accused would be fined $900 together with $250 for a DUI Assessment and $1250 for Extreme DUI Assessment. The offender’s license would be suspended for a period of 1 year and he would have to install an interlock ignition device in all the vehicles that he has, that too, at his own expense.
- Second Extreme DUI charge: It is considered to be a second charge if it happens within 5 years of the first. In this case the accused is penalized with a fine of $450 together with $250 for a DUI Assessment and $1000 for Extreme DUI Assessment. The driver’s license of the accused would be suspended for a minimum of 90 days to a maximum of 1 year.
Laws in the State of Arizona forbid driving under the following situations:
- Blood alcohol concentration of a minimum of 0.08 within two hours of driving.
- In case of commercial vehicles, the limit is set to a minimum of 0.04.
- If the driver is impaired already slightly, any combination of drugs, vapor releasing substances or liquor.
- Driving with any sort of illegal drug or already a metabolite of any illegal drug in the body.
If you are caught under a charge of DUI – Tucson and Casa Grande are some of the cities in the state of Arizona where you can hire the sets of experienced lawyers from The Law Office of Thomas Wilson. The firm has a group of dedicated specialized lawyers who proportion the responsibility for taking care of their clients. Their main aim is to generate trust among their clients. For further information about their sets, feel free to visit their website http://www.tucsonduiteam.com.